Friday, March 10, 2006

We're back

and we've got some 700 photos to sort through!
We have posted some here on atypical and will create some galleries.

Here's one of the pics I took that I really like -



We did not see any live music unfortunately, but on a drive out to look for the northern lights on our first evening we were taken past the studio that Sigur Ros record at!! We then went on to see a spectular show of the aurora for over an hour. It was the first time they'd been seen since December 2005. We were very lucky.

I feel so privileged to have been. Iceland is an amazing country and if you can get there, you should go.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Pen,

I'm so envious that you went past the Sigur Ros studio!! (i've read that it used to be an old swimming pool or something). Their music just evokes the landscape of Iceland. They've got a new single out on Monday - 'Saeglopur' from their album 'Takk' so I'm getting all excited. Take care and all the best, Simon