Friday, March 10, 2006

Spiers and Boden....

are on at Whitchurch folk club in Shropshire tomorrow night and we are off to see them. We believe there are still tickets if you're quick....

I have just had a look around their website and they now have a blog on Myspace.com It doesn't seem to be working properly and won't let me download music.

Jon Boden also has his own blog on my space and has some tracks to download from his new solo electric album due out in April... I am looking forward to being able to download them! Thanks to Simon from under the green hill for telling me about that one.

But the most exciting thing is that Bellowhead are playing at Poynton Folk Festival and we are dancing/playing there with Black Dog Molly . We are on the same bill as Bellowhead!!!!

1 comment:

Rob said...

Surely the most exciting thing is that you were on the same bill as the Mrs Ackroyd Band?

Sorry- I've been a Les Barker fan for over 30 years, man and boy (not in that order of course). I have a T-shirt with "I Can't Find My Camouflage Net" on it. ANd the whole family has been known to burst forth with

>Deja Vu: a rhyme.
>It is impossible to experience deja vu for the first time.
>I reckon
>The first time you experience deja vu
>Is the second.

Hope the festival was fun - haven't been to Poynton for many years now, but was at the first four festivals (my big bro was on the organising committee for a couple of them, and we ended up with Stan Hugill and various members of the City Waites staying with us). Good times.