Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Summer holiday..


We've just been on a summer holiday...
to some most beautiful parts of Britain - Dumfries and Galloway - via Cumbria - and home via Northumbria. We truly loved Galloway - Portpatrick, the Mull, Glentrool - and Kirkudbright in Dumfrieshire was a real place to escape to - perhaps permanently!

Here is the first picture on atypical - one of Tone's. I did not take many on the D70 - I took my Retinette and used black and white film for the first time in about 6 years - it was great fun. The fixed lens was really liberating - I had to do all the composing by moving around, rather than zooming in and out. I can't wait for the results. If I like them, Tone suggests we get our own developing kit...

1 comment:

Katrina Ray-Saulis said...

That's something I've been thinking about doing... Turning my bathroom into a darkroom.

I just got my first 35mm SLR, haven't had an opportunity to check it out yet. But so far I'm thinking it's gonna be a good experience.