Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Elizabeth

As you can see I have joined a webring for people with Elizabeth in their name - it's my middle name. I like it - as a child I got called Pennyliz by my uncle who called his daughter Jane, Janeyliz. I did not like Penny and called myself Mary Elizabeth for a while - why Mary I do not know - and it's not that much different.

I hope I get some visitors to my blog now I'm on a couple of rings.

When I got the black and white photos back I was disappointed - they seem dull and lacking in contrast. Tone explained that they have lots of contrast the main problem is the sky was very blank a lot of the time. So everything looks like shades of grey - little white or black. I am not sure but the processing could be a factor as the film was C41 - it was developed using colour processing - quicker and cheaper.

Having a second look there are a few that I really like. Of course the other issue is that I am used to taking 100's of pictures on the digital and only really liking perhaps 10-20%, and even though I used 3 b/w films on holiday which seemed like a real extravagance, that's only 96 photos altogether and I've not got the 24 film processing back yet. (Hopefully tomorrow). So I can only expect about 10-20 reallly good ones.

We have now put up 4 galleries of pictures from the digital - mostly Tone's because I focussed my efforts on the black and white. The sheep in Northumbria, the pics with Tone on (obviously), a few pictures on the Cumbria page (foxgloves, fern in pool of light, parasol at Windermere) and the close-up of the gunnera flower and the turbo at the hydro power station in Scotland are mine. They are not very exciting - I like the sheep best I think - not usually an interesting subject - it helps that there are clouds in the sky.

I carry the Nikon Coolpix 2500 around with me most of the time - in the car or my bag. Last week I had not got it and the sky was really black with some sun peeking through on my way home from work. I am still thinking about that - I know it's pointless - but the camera is back in my bag now..

1 comment:

Alec said...

I know it's pointless, but I too have some missed photos that I dwell on. A rainbow over Chatterley Whitfield against intense grey clouds, and train station roof girders reflected in a dark train window waiting at Edinburgh Station