Sunday, August 21, 2005

coneflower

I have not been taking many pictures of flowers in the garden recently.
This is for 3 main reasons -
1 - I took a lot last year and feel like I'm repeating myself.
2 - the new lens has a low success rate - I take get one good photo from about every 10 I take.
3 - Being at home and in the mood at a time when the weather is right - if it's windy it is VERY hard to get good photos with the lens at 1:1 close-up as the depth of field is so small. I took a few yesterday - in the wind, but with late sun. Only a couple turned out - one of which was this.... echinacea or coneflower just coming into bloom.



.

4 comments:

Katrina Ray-Saulis said...

I've been thinking of doing a series of flower photos. I have taken quite a few, mostly the roses in front of my house. We'll see... I love this, though, because it's a coneflower from a different angle than we are used to seeing.

tone the blueshawk said...

Lovely lovely
t xxx

Anonymous said...

yep is hard to get a really great shot from narrow dof....i always miss the spot that i want to focus...I really need a better macro lens also:-)
btw this shot is crisp beautiful color, Soft blur on the pink is my favorite part:-)
(thanks for your lovely comments)

Fembat said...

I think thats stunning!